Marketing and promotions with a focus on sampling provides consumers with a trial experience that is guided, memorable but above all, relevant to placing your product in the hands of your target market. A goal of any event marketing and promotions program should be education, engagement and experience parlayed from the taster to the customer.
Established in 1929 as an open air market and later purchased in 1986 by Carmen Trimarchi and partner Brian Johns, Vince’s Market has since developed into a prestigious brand known for quality produce, bakery, meat and deli. The independent grocer launched their own line of all natural Coterie products (pronounced “Koh-ter-ie”) in 2012. With so many available options on the shelf, they discovered their amazing products were being overlooked in favour of more familiar name brands – and hence, decided to launch a marketing and promotions program.
In order to gain more brand exposure – and ultimately higher sales, the owners of Vince’s Market reached out to Tigris to help with a marketing and promotions strategy. The six-month sampling campaign officially kicked off on Mar. 9 and will run every weekend until mid October. A team of temporary sales staff will be sampling everything from Coterie sauces and salsas to spice rubs and dressings at the stores located in Newmarket, Sharon and Uxbridge.
The primary goal of this six-month, in-store marketing and promotions program is to:
1) EDUCATE the consumer about how to read food labels properly, why Coterie’s all-natural line is not only healthier but also tastes better, and what the point of difference is
2) ENGAGE customers during their shopping in a friendly, professional way to best represent Coterie/Vince’s Markets while facilitating the interaction in a positive way
3) Give customers a unique brand EXPERIENCE by sampling the products, getting it into their hands and also signing them up for Coterie Club to receive amazing deals 1-2x per week.
All Coterie products are branded “Go Natural” to offer customers tasty, nutritious choices – with family, the community and environment all in mind! Foods with this label include one or more of the following criteria:
* Whole foods: Foods that are un-processed and close to their original state
* Chemical-free: Food free of chemicals like additives, preservatives and by-products
* Local: From local farms and family businesses, supporting the local economy and the environment
* Organic: Foods that are certified organic, supporting your health and organic agriculture
Aside from sampling and sales, a secondary objective for this marketing and promotions campaign is to sign up customers up to Vince’s Market “Coterie Club”. Coterie Club offers members weekly promotional coupons, free products and community offers such as tickets to local events via text message.
Unlike many other programs, Coterie Club is completely free and the rewards are real! To register, customers are only asked for their cell phone number so, no personal information, no soliciting and no hassle! Upon sign up, customers have two options to print their coupon: in-store or at home. After signing-up, they also receive a special “Super Hot Offer” as a thank-you for participating (e.g. 4L of filtered milk for the month of March). Now that’s an amazing way to tie in marketing and promotions to benefit your brand – and more importantly – your customers.
We’re excited to work alongside such a health-conscious brand and look forward to what the remainder of the marketing and promotions program “has in store”!! Our goal over the next 6 months is to distribute more than 10,000 samples, increase sales by at least 50% and triple the number of Coterie Club members. We’ll circle back with an update on the successes from our team of temporary staff October.
Tigris Temporary Sales Staff are available at top locations including Calgary, AB; Vancouver, BC; Toronto, ON. Call us at 416.283.9119 for a free no-obligation quote for your next Marketing and Promotions campaign.