Do you want to get recruited by the best event staffing agency in the biz? Do you want to work for some of your favorite brands? Then you are in the right place for key tips and the inside scoop that will help you along the way!
What is Tigris?
Tigris is the top temporary staffing agency in the industry. We offer businesses and brands the leading edge in experiential marketing through the use of professionally trained sales force that is far superior to the industry standard. We use a set of very specific criteria to ensure that we recruit only the best of the best. Tigris has more than 1,200 temporary staff from coast to coast who will enhance promotions and sales with face to face interactions. Our temporary staffing team is versatile but we specialize in these top seven areas!
- Event Staffing // bring in a positive atmosphere to get consumers excited about the brands you’re representing.
- Brand Ambassadors // with high energy and impact to get a buzz going about big brands.
- Promotional Models // who have the beauty and the brains in order to successfully represent high end brands.
- Multicultural Staff // with a good personality and are bilingual in any language required.
Tigris has tons of diverse staff bilingual in such languages as Chinese, Cantonese, Mandarin, Hindu, Urdu, Gujrati, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese – and so many more!
- Corporate Entertainers // who will bring excitement to your event from DJ’s & MC’s to singers, dancers and musicians.
- Market Researchers // who are experienced to maximize survey participation while remaining neutral/unbiased. Tigris has completed over 40 studies in the last 7 years.
- Sales Staff // who will pre-qualify and close sales in charity, retail or trade show environments.
Key Tips for Your Next Interview!
There is no way around an interview if you are getting recruited. Interviews may be intimidating on occasions and you may feel a little nervous going into one but with simple tips from Tigris your next interview will be a cake walk!
- Use Social Sweepster
- Nowadays, everybody uses social media for making memories and keeping in touch. About 90% of employers search your social media to try and make the first impression themselves. Don’t let them! Social Sweepster is an app that deletes pictures of beer bottles, red solo cups, and anything else that is a suspicious. It even detects profanity from your past posts!
Tip! As you get older and begin your venture into the professional work force, it’s a good idea to exercise caution and discretion with your social media persona and posts. You don’t want to miss out on an opportunity because of how a post or photo may be interpreted by an potential employer.
- Arranging a Time
- If you have the ability to negotiate the time, always try to avoid Mondays and Fridays because the employees gear up for the week or wind down. Also try to avoid lunch time because your interviewer may be too hungry to actually listen to what you have to say. Always try and take the earliest interview slot to show that you are excited about being there. Tigris usually arranges interview sessions on a weeknight from 5-9 or 6-9pm so candidates who work full time can also participate.
Tip! Unless it’s absolutely an emergency, make sure you show up. There is nothing worse for an interviewer than a half full interview session. They are committing their time to meet you so it’s both unprofessional and insulting not to show up.
- Prepare for Some Generic Questions
- A question that usually catches people off guard is the “What’s your weakness?” Make sure you know what your honest weakness but it’s not about admitting it. It’s about showing how you overcome them. It shows the employer that you have the ability to problem solve because nobody is perfect and everybody has a weakness.
Tip! Saying you’re a perfectionist is not a weakness!!! Try to think of something original and of course, applicable to you. You want your interviewer to remember you.
- Following Up
- Always thank your interviewer within 24 hours of completing your interview. Once you have sent the email not only does it show your gratitude, but now they also have your email address in their inbox in case anything pops up.
Tip! If you receive a phone call or email to let you know you’ve been hired, make sure you respond and within a reasonable time frame. You don’t want your new work place to have to chase you to give you the news. It’s a good idea to have voicemail on your cell phone and if you are going to be away, make sure you schedule an auto reply to keep people in the loop.
The Inside Scoop
Here at Tigris, it is very important that we recruit and hire people with big personalities (we want those who will stand out in a crowd!). We like to hire dynamic men and women, between the ages of 19 to 40+. If you want us to consider you will need to have a great work ethic, strong organization and communication skills, and a personable/positive attitude. We also like to ensure candidates share the same values that we do. For more on these values, as voted on by our roster, click here.
In order to get recruited by Tigris, you must attend one of our interviews sessions. For us, it is imperative that we meet all of our candidates face-to-face in order to accurately gauge who is a good fit –not only for our agency, but more importantly, for our clients and their brands. We want to get to know our staff on a personal level so that they feel as comfortable working for us and so we know which opportunities to send them and book them for. At this interview session, you will learn about Tigris and we will aim to learn about you. We conclude with a thorough Q&A.
We just completed interviews in Vancouver and Montreal earlier this month. Our next interview is coming up in Toronto on Tues., Aug. 25. To get recruited and obtain more information about our upcoming interview sessions, please send your resume and 2-3 recent photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you can apply on our website. All interviews will be booked via email.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!