If you are in the process of hiring a brand ambassador for your business, the last thing you want to do is assume that they are all the same. Each come with his or her own unique look, skill set and personality. You need to do whatever it takes to find the right people – and the best place to start is by finding a reputable company to help.
Sourcing the right fit could be the difference between success and failure. It doesn’t matter how great your plan or idea is. If you don’t have the right people in place to execute it for you, it will be a waste. That is what makes brand ambassadors so important. They are often the last “piece of the puzzle” so to speak, but one of the most important.
With this in mind, you need to find brand ambassadors with the following personality traits (in no particular order):
1. Friendly. There is nothing more important than a brand ambassador who is friendly to anybody and everybody who shows an interest in your company. If somebody is unfriendly, you can be rest assured that potential clients and customers are going to run in the other direction. Is that what you want?
2. Outgoing. The best brand ambassadors are those who are willing to talk to others, regardless of the situation. A person who is outgoing is one that will sell your brand, no matter what it takes to achieve success.
3. Engaging. It is one thing to be friendly and outgoing. It is another thing entirely to be engaging. The best brand ambassadors are those who can gain the attention of others, draw them in, and keep them interested for an extended period of time. There are a lot of personality traits that make a great brand ambassador, but this one is definitely at the top of the list.
4. Talkative. To a certain extent, this goes along with the three personality traits above. A brand ambassador who is shy and doesn’t like to talk is one that won’t make much progress. On the other hand, somebody who is talkative is willing to dive into any situation and take control of the conversation.
5. Sincerity. There is a big difference between hiring a sales person and hiring a brand ambassador. Sales people are often times looked down upon, being seen by others as nothing more than somebody who is trying to push a product or service. Conversely, a brand ambassador is seen in a different light. Those who are working in this capacity need to be 100 percent sincere. If they come across as deceitful it is a challenge to get others interested.
6. Image. While looks aren’t everything, they are something to consider. Depending on your product or service along with your objectives, demographics and even location, ensuring the brand ambassadors are in line with your corporate image are very important. The company you hire should be more than willing to provide photos of available brand ambassadors along with key information about them to help you make a decision about who to book. After all, they are a walking and talking commercial for your brand. Makes sense.
* Which traits do YOU you consider most important for your company, based on the event for which you are hiring?
* Do they have brand ambassadors with all of these traits?
* Are there other specific traits you are looking for due to the particular requirements of your company or event?
This information should be more than enough to help you make the right decision when partnering with a company to hire a brand ambassador – or a team of them. When liaising with a company, be clear about what you want in your team and ask them lots of questions about how they will pre-qualify their brand ambassadors to represent your brand. Remember, cost is important; but keep this in mind. If you think it’s expensive to hire a professional, wait until you hire an amateur. A brand ambassador is a direct link between your company and prospective clients – nothing could be more important.
At Tigris, we spend a lot of time recruiting, interviewing, and training our brand ambassadors. Those we hire will not only represent our client’s brands, they are also a direct reflection of the Tigris brand. With ten years under our belt, our experience, integrity and results speak for themselves; as we grow however, we never plan to lose this attention to detail. We recognize we are only as good as the people we hire and our brand ambassadors are a key component of our value proposition.
For more on finding the right brand ambassadors for your business, give us a ring at 416.283.9119.