Just like our homes, marketing concepts in business can use some freshening up as technology advances and changes. You wouldn’t dare host a party before de-cluttering and cleaning your home, so why would you implement any marketing concepts before auditing your plan of action first?
Spring is about change, rebirth and our personal favourite – throwing things away: all of which encourage squeaky clean business practices. Lets prune the weeds and plant the seeds for success with creative marketing concepts for the rest of the year. So what do you say? Let the cleanse begin!
Listed below are six savvy suggestions for to update your marketing concepts and strategies.
1. Update your Company Website – is your website partially or completely outdated? We believe the best investments are the one in yourself. Look at any page on your website for 5 seconds then look away. What products or services were featured? If you can’t remember, we can guarantee any potential client won’t either. Consider revising your content to ensure you’re sending a clear, concise, action-driven message and more importantly, one that converts!
2. Out with the Old & In with the New – as time passes, so does lingo and language so make sure to reorganize your your online content! For example, employees who no longer work at your company should not be on your website. If you’ve recently moved locations, your current address should be listed. Swap out old social media pictures for images that clearly and boldly display what your company is all about. Make room for newer products and services, current company headlines, accurate phone numbers and more.
3. How Social Is Your Business? – Social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are marketing tools that work. If you don’t have a company page or, worse, you’re not posting regularly, fix it. Consumers want to connect with their favourite brands and you won’t become one of them if you’re not online. With social media, it’s all or nothing. Even if you only have time to post once or twice per week, consider scheduling posts in advance or creating a social media calendar so you stay on top of it.
4. Listen To Customers – Do you know what your customers think or feel about your products and services? If not, ask! Encourage your customers to share their feedback about your products or services, brand and customer relations using a quick online or email based survey. Consider offering an incentive for participation. Customers are more likely to respond if there’s a chance they’ll get something out of the deal.
5. Update Your Master Contact List – Now’s a great time to make sure your contact list is current. Check to see that the information is accurate and no emails are bouncing back. That will make your marketing plans far more effective.
6. Reinvigorate Your Brand – Many of us depend on Search Engine Optimization for our products and services to get noticed. How about stepping outside the office and telling people about it?! There’s no better time than spring to get outside of your stuffy office and start networking. A large percentage of new business comes from personal relationships, so begin associating your name and face with your brand.
Updating your marketing concepts are an opportunity for brand awareness, growth and redevelopment for overall improvement. At times this can be challenging when done alone. Having a second set of eyes look at your quarterly marketing plan can allow for enhanced growth opportunities. At Tigris, we can offer unique and integrated marketing concepts to enhance your brand and accomplish your business goals. For more information, call us at 416-283-9119!