While some companies have hired a brand ambassadors in the past and will continue to do the same in the future, others are “in the dark” with no idea of what they are missing out on. First things first, you need to learn more about what a brand ambassador can do for your company.
Here is a detailed definition from Wikipedia: “A person employed by an organization or company to promote its products or services within the activity known as branding. The brand ambassador is meant to embody the corporate identity in appearance, demeanor, values and ethics.”
There is a big difference between knowing what a brand ambassador is and hiring one or more of these professionals to help grow your company. For this reason, let’s review the three primary reasons why your company should consider implementing a brand ambassador program:
1. They will love everything about your brand. When you hire a brand ambassador you are expecting him or her to be a champion for your company. From spreading the word online to working events in person, these professionals will ensure that others fall in love with your brand as well.
2. You can’t be everywhere all the time. This is particularly true if your company is in its infancy. Rather than hire permanent part-time or full-time employees you aren’t in the position to afford – for the purpose of promoting your brand, you can bring ambassadors on board who will do the work for you. From trade shows to networking events, let these professionals loose and you will be happy with the results.
3. Allow you to receive continuous feedback. Let’s face it: you need to know what others think about your brand at all times. Do they like your new product or service? Are there particular complaints that surface time after time? When you have brand ambassadors working on your behalf, there will never be a shortage of front line customer feedback.
You cannot hire just anybody to represent your company. Instead, find brand ambassadors that have the following characteristics:
• Willingness to learn the finer details of your brand
• The ability to communicate with anybody and everybody, regardless of age, sex, or professional standing
• Leadership skills and a team player
• Personable to the point of being able to build relationships with complete strangers
Now do you have a better understanding of what a brand ambassador can do for your business? If you have been overlooking this in the past, don’t make the same mistake in the future. Hiring a brand ambassador is the one addition to your marketing plan that takes your company to new heights.
For more on these buzz building staff, give us a ring at 416.283.9119. Tigris has over 1,200 brand ambassadors on our roster from coast to coast.