Experiential Branding, Sales & Ethnic Marketing for Rogers Communications (Aug/05-May/13)
Tigris was introduced to Rogers through a joint program with Motorola at the CNE in August 2005. Rogers has contracted Tigris for event staffing and experiential expertise, locally and nationally, on a contract to contract basis ever since. The majority of the events have been a combination of sales & ethnic marketing along with sponsorship & special events.
Some of the larger sales & ethnic marketing programs to note include:
~ project management, experiential marketing & sales staffing for the 2011 National Home Shows Mar & Nov 2011.
~ an annual master SOW with their Cable department from 2007-2010.
* this included scheduling/training a team of 50 mainstream & multicultural TSS/EM’s & a full-time PM
* the team was required to host & facilitate branding/sales at events in Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Nfld
~ sales initiative and booth hosting at the National Home Show for 10 days every February from 2008 to 2011
~ Dragon Ball fundraiser at the MTCC every year from 2008 to 2010
~ street team sales initiatives at 100 Rogers stores across Ontario from Jun-Sept and Nov-Dec/09
~ Own the Home regional sales initiatives at 36 Rogers stores across Ontario from Aug-Sept/09
~ Spring Fling sales initiative at 48 Source by Circuit City & Wal-mart stores in 4 cities for 3 weekends in Apr/09
~ sales initiative at the International Canadian Auto Show for 10 days every year from 2007-2009
~ sales initiative at the CNE for 18 days every year from 2005-2008 (4 years)
~ FIDO sales initiatives at 20 Best Buy locations every weekend from Jun-Aug/08 and Nov-Dec/08
~ Back to School promotion at Source by Circuit City at 110 locations across Canada for 6 wknds Aug-Sept/06
In total, over 250 events/programs were planned and executed for Rogers over the span of 7 years. Unfortunately due to corporate restructuring, Tigris lost most of it’s clientele within the organization – but has continued to work with many of these professionals since they’ve moved on to other positions at Samsung, Ñ Communications and other organizations.
Tigris deliverables included:
– book & schedule personable 2 to 100+ temporary sales staff or multicultural staff per event
– 1 EM for every 5-10 staff is booked participate in and/or set up and oversee the event
– creative concepts for some programs such as unique engagement, promo products, uniforms
– collect product knowledge from the client to create a training package for the team
– collecting market research and putting together comprehensive reports for every event within the SOW
– distribute timely payment & incentives for all events staff
Program Objectives: depending on the program, the objectives have varied from straight sales to ethnic marketing and corporate branding.
RESULTS: the TSS have contributed to a 60-70% increase in Rogers on-site sales at each event they have executed at in addition to handing out thousands of prizes/giveaways. Most importantly, the TSS made sure that the guests at each event felt like appreciated Rogers’ customers by giving them great memories, fun interactions and a positive brand experience!