Have you ever considered using temporary staffing for your business? Once you learn more about the benefits of temporary staff, you will likely find that it could be just what your company is looking for.
1. Save the company money. If there was ever a benefit of temporary staffing, this is it. When compared to hiring full-time staff, you will be surprised at just how much money can be saved. Forget about the overhead of full-time employees, such as payroll, accounting and benefits. With temporary staff contracted by a third party agency, you are in position to save money across the board – even if they are a little more expensive for shorter periods of time.
2. Get extra help during seasonal peaks. With temporary staffing, you can hire people when you need them and stay with your current team of permanent employees when you don’t. For example, many companies turn to temporary staffing during the holiday season for the extra help needed to serve their additional customers and increased volume.
3. Increase business profit. Being profitable means keeping careful track of both revenue and costs. Benefits of temporary staff have a positive effect on both revenue and costs. For example, temporary workers can help drive revenue by increasing your sales capability. On the flip side, temporary staff can also help reduce cost. This combination of increasing revenue and reducing costs is the equation for profitability.
4. Support for your existing staff. Let’s face it: there may be times when your existing staff is completely overworked. This can lead to more sick days and more money being paid for overtime hours. Hiring temporary staff can alleviate the pressure on your existing staff and eliminate these problems. Your employees will be happier and healthier, while also giving them more time to work on the projects that are most important.
5. Reduced training requirements. You business won’t have to advertise, interview, test and reference check to obtain great workers. You simply outline the requirements of the role and the agency takes care of everything beyond that. Because your agency will pre-screen all temporary staff based on your company’s unique needs, less training is required prior to beginning work.
6. Perfect for special events. Are you attending a trade show? Are you organizing your own conference? Chances are you don’t have enough internal staff to handle everything that comes your way – or able to cover the expense of travel, When you hire temporary workers, they can handle the special event while your full-time employees continue to concentrate on their primary tasks.
7. Quickly scalable. There is no denying the fact that your business will go through peaks and valleys. During busy times, it is important to have enough workers available. During down times, however, having a surplus of full-time employees can be very costly. With temporary staffing, you can quickly scale-up or scale down-your operation.
These are seven of the biggest benefits associated with temporary staffing. If you have yet to consider this idea for your business, now may be the time to do so. Give us a ring at 416.283.9119 and we can help you explore other benefits of temporary staffing for your business.